Till a few months ago, I was a compulsive list maker. And they all go the same way- scribble furiously on a notebook or even a scrap of paper, listing things I need to do/ general tasks etc, think of more things to add if I hit a roadblock after point 7, once I run out of the more plausible ones by point 13, add things I don’t really want to do but think I’d like to; lose the scrap of paper or never look at that page again…and once the notebook is used up, shred the whole thing.
Although I have made a list on every possible topic, I never thought of making one on things I like. I came across this site Things We Like the other day and thought I’d give it a shot.
- A hot cup of tea when its raining and I can hear the rain and smell the damp earth, while letting the mug warm my hands
- Listening to an old song, suddenly on the radio
- Charcoal grey t-shirts
- Walking or driving down a tree lined hill road, with the sun streaming through the canopy
- Weekend brunches with friends
- A lazy Sunday stretching ahead, without plans
- The smell of roasted coffee beans
- Catching a movie or hanging out with my friends impromptu, in the middle of the workweek
- Teasing and laughing my heart out with my family
- Sometimes, dancing bare feet
- The idea of travelling for a month or two, without sticking to a schedule
- Me time
- Driving with the window down
- A book or a movie which suits my mood
- Comfy denims and ratty old t-shirts
What’s on your list?